Disclaimer: The purpose of this post is to help educate the general public on teenage vape use. Banzai Vapors, LLC is a Pro-Fair Regulation and Pro Vape advocacy company. Banzai Vapors, LLC does not condone or encourage the use of vapor products amongst teens and youth.
Teen Vaping Survey Results Are In
The results from Michigan's test survey were posted yesterday by the Journal for Tobacco Control. The study included 3,800 teenage students who had vaped at one point. The main objective of the study was to find out exactly what teens are vaping. The findings are surprising to say the least.
Here's What The Study Shows
- Teens are more likely to vape fruity flavors over traditional cigarette flavors like tobacco or menthol
- Only a fraction of teens vaped e-liquid containing nicotine
- Over 65% of teens who vaped only vaped flavoring
- Federal estimates of how many teens vape maybe blown out of proportion because of mistaken assumptions that all teens vape with nicotine
- Only 7% of teens have vaped marijuana
- Youth Vaping has caused a steady decline in youth tobacco smoking
What Does This All Mean?
As it stands there are several health organizations who are running anti-vaping campaigns targeted at teens. These results propose a strong challenge to contest the assumption that all users of vapor products are inhaling nicotine. The study also challenges any claims made about vaping being a new vehicle for another nicotine epidemic. When asked to comment the CDC questioned whether many teens know the exact content of what they're vaping. They cited a small study suggesting mislabeling of e-juice containers was not uncommon.
Youth vaping is still a problem. There are already studies being conducted to see if vaping encourages teens to try smoking regular cigarettes. This study also shows that health organizations may need to rethink their strategy when it comes to preventing kids from vaping.
How old were you when you started smoking? Do you think as a teenager you would've used a product containing zero nicotine, if given the option? Drop us a line and let us know!
Write for us! If you run a blog or just love to write, we want to hear from you! We're looking for guest bloggers now! contact: email@example.com for more info!